The Thread House - Free Bird 2021/2022 BOM Quilt Kit
After a successful inaugural BOM project last year, they're back!
Join the Thread House club and make this beautiful quilt.
This listing is for the fabric needed to make all the Free Bird BOM Quilt by The Thread House. It does not include the pattern. The kit includes 12 yards in total of beautiful solid colours in the colour palette you choose. These kits are cut and ready to ship.
The Thread House is the talented trio of Karen Lewis @karenlewis, Jo Avery @joavery and Lynne Goldsworthy @lilysquilts. When you join their Thread House Club you will get lots of benefits, including participation in their new block of the month quilt project. You will receive monthly patterns over the course of the year to make the stunning Free Bird Quilt. We're offering all three colourways, each one curated by one of the designers, Lynn Karen and Jo.
Annual Club Membership launches on Friday August 6th. (See the list at the bottom of this page for the full list of club membership benefits)
The BOM starts on Monday October 11th and runs for a full year from the start to the end of the BOM.
Price for club membership (not included in the kit price): £70 per year.
Club members will receive monthly patterns over the course of the year to make the stunning Free Bird Quilt.
From Karen, Jo and Lynn - "We have been working hard together over the last couple of months to bring you a second stunning modern sampler quilt! Following on from last year’s super-sized blocks we have zoomed in for some smaller blocks and motifs, offering a wider variety and a few new techniques. Our trademark folk art vibe is still in evidence, along with our love of nature and the modern ‘off-grid’ aesthetic that makes our quilts so original and enjoyable to stitch. You will receive patterns every month for a selection of blocks. The full timetable will be provided prior to the start of the BOM. We will also provide instructions for finishing the quilt top and suggestions for quilting."
Featured Techniques include:
- Foundation Paper Piecing
- Applique, with both needle-turn and raw edge options
- English Paper Piecing
- HST and other quick piecing techniques
- Curve piecing
New Techniques for 2021/22:
- Improv piecing
- Dresden plate
- Turned-edge machine applique
- Orange Peel
- Reverse edge needle turn appliqué
The Thread House Club Membership includes:
- Monthly PDF block patterns for the Free Bird Quilt.
- Specially created and exclusive video tutorials for the techniques used in the BOM.
- Access to a private Facebook group where you can ask questions, get advice, and connect with the other members of the Club.
- Access to a Quilter’s Question Time panel discussion with your three hosts.
- An annual organised swap exclusive to club members.
- Meet and greet sessions with Karen, Lynne and Jo at physical events like Festival of Quilts and QuiltCon
- Priority booking for Thread House Virtual retreats.
- 10% discount on Thread House Schoolhouse on-demand video classes.
- 10% discount off all Thread House physical merchandise and patterns
- A Sponsored Monthly Giveaway exclusive to members
Finished quilt measures 72” x 72