Learn to Sew (evening) - Understand the basics and make a stylin' bag too. Nov 16
Sorry, we're sold out -
Learn to sew the right way. In this three hour session,you'll get detailed instructions to develop these important skills -
- Machine operations and threading
- Cutting: Fabric and pattern preparation. Pinning.
- Pattern markings: Grainlines, notches, end points.
- Sewing: Matching notches, edge finishing, regular seams, backstitching, topstitching, casing, threading cording.
You'll go home with a glossary for your future use and you'll make this pretty tote bag.
- Kristiann Boos, a designer, pattern maker, sewing instructor and author based in Toronto, Canada. Kris is the founder and designer for the Victory Pattern
company, and published a book patterns, Boundless Style in 2015. Kris has taught in Canada and the US
Schedule - 6:30 - 9:30 PM
November 16, 2017
Suggested Experience - This course is designed for people who want to learn how to sew but have their own machine or access to a machine.
Materials Required - You'll bring your own sewing machine and the following materials
Fabric - 1/2 yard each of two coordinating fabrics.
Thread - to match
Tools Required -
Fabric Scissors or Rotary cutter, seam guage, measuring tape, tailor's chalk. (we have these available to borrow for classroom use, and for sale in the shop if you don't have your own)
You might also like these