Adjustable Sun hat or Rain hat Workshop -Wednesday April 10 10:00 - 4:00
Sorry, we're sold out -
Make your own sun hat or rain hat!
Sheila is an experienced milliner who will teach you how to sew a beautiful brimmed hat; sized to fit your head.
You'll be able to customize your hat to your own personal style by varying the crown height and the brim width, and of course, you choose your fabrics. We have fantastic laminates to make a rain hat version or choose any of your favourite prints on canvas, linen or quilting cotton for your own unique sun hat.
4 adjustable head sizes so that your hat fits you!
We will provide the materials to make your pattern (stapler, staple remover, bristol board and corrugated paper clips)
Taught by Sheila Moore
Timing - Wednesday April 10 10am - 4pm (a light lunch will be provided)
- sewing machine in good working order.
- 1- 2” wide see through plastic ruler 18” or 55cm long
- pencil, pen for tracing pattern (no felt tip), eraser
- assortment of universal sharp machine needles
- straight pins
- thread to match and or contrast with chosen fabric(s)
- tape measure
- sharp scissors for both fabric and paper
outer fabric for the sun hat can be quilting cotton, linen or denim. for the rain hat; laminated cotton.
canvas or twill for the under brim must be of a medium to heavy weight.
- 1yd for outer fabric and bias binding around brim edge
- 1/2yd twill or canvas for under brim
- 1/3yd lining fabric
If combining different fabrics
- 1/2 yd for brim top
- 1/2 yd for brim bottom/canvas or twill
- 1/2yd each for crown and lining
- 1fq for bias around brim edge
Please note that part of the lining fabric should coordinate with the medium to heavy under brim canvas or twill.
You might also like these