Custom Wool Poor Boy Hat Workshop- November 30 10:00 - 4:00
Make your own wool poor boy cap just in time for the cold weather! Sheila, our resident milliner, will teach you how to sew up your very own cap; sized to fit you.
You will customize your hat to your own personal style by varying design elements (crown depth, fullness of cap etc.) and of course, you choose your fabrics; we have the perfect boiled wool in a selection of colours great for the upcoming season. Then coordinate the lining with a super soft flannel.
Taught by Sheila Moore
Friday October 25th 10am - 4pmPlease
Note - Workshops are non-refundable. If you cancel with 2 weeks notice, we will give you a store credit. If you cancel with less than 2 weeks notice, we'll give you a store credit for 50% of the value of the workshop. If you don't show up for a class (no notice) you will unfortunately forfeit your class payment. All class fees are prepaid, either online or in the shop at the time of booking.
- sewing machine in good working order
- 1- 2” wide see through plastic ruler 18” or 55cm long
- pencil, pen for tracing pattern (no felt tip), eraser
- assortment of universal sharp machine needles
- straight pins
- thread to match and or contrast with chosen fabric(s)
- tape measure
- sharp scissors for both fabric and paper
- 1/3 yd 54" wide boiled wool (or, if using 45" wide hand loomed wool; such as a harris tweed you would need at least 2/3 yard and more if you are matching up the patterns.
- 1/3 yd flannel for the lining (or 1/2 yard if you are matching up a pattern like a plaid)
- interfacings included in the workshop price
You might also like these